Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Mission Statement

This is blog for me (and for viewing by a few friends) to track my progress on projects plus a place to capture random thoughts and things that interest me.

I have a tendency to start things, but not finish them, or think of fun ideas, and never see them through. Things I want to accomplish in 2009:

1. Get sewing tutoring to improve my techniques (finishing, tailoring).

2. Complete vintage pattern dress in b/w striped fabric.

3. Complete vintage pattern pants in black cotton.

4. Complete vintage pattern dress for Gatsby Picnic (Sept) OR sew something for the Edwardian Ball (Oct).

5. DONE. Alter dress I made (tan with red roses) so it fits better in the waist.

6. Write a complete first draft of my little Christmas play.

7. Make a silly short film with friends.

8. Write more: write Miss Fae at least 2x month and send thank you notes within two weeks (no waiting a year).

9. Read Marieb Anatomy & Physiology book (to be better informed at work and in general). Currently through chapter two.

10. Login to Shelfari 1x weekly and keep book list up to date.

I'm sure I've forgotten something, but these are the main things. I need to renew my focus on life outside of work and better enjoy my time here on earth. Woody Allen is quoted as saying "You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred. " Somethin' to consider anyway. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment