Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Today's Inspiration

The creations of John Galliano for Christian Dior Couture Spring 2011 leave me weak in the knees. After a week of film noir at the Noir City Film Festival, I'm ready for some non-murderous beauty.

These are my favorite three in the collection. I love the strong dramatic look, subtle color, and clean lines and swoops.

Christian Dior Couture Spring '11

Christian Dior Couture Spring '11

Christian Dior Couture Spring '11

Style.com tells me that this collection is "...Galliano's salute to René Gruau, the illustrator whose work for Christian Dior in the forties and fifties created the house's most iconic imagery..."

Rene Gruau

This one was not created for Dior, but, as the name suggests, for designer Marcel Rochas.

Rene Gruau for Marcel Rochas

Happy that I have some days off at the end of the month and can work on my dress project...have to keep my inspiration high until then!!!

1 comment:

  1. This was the most amazing collection from Galliano. I've said that same thing many times about him but this particular collection was sublime. If only I had a bank account large enough to afford one or two of these! At least!

    ReplyDelete