Monday, July 5, 2010

I Heart San Francisco

banner_preoccupation

After leaving work a smidge early Friday, I walked up the Filbert steps. As usual the gardens lining the stairs were verdant and the cottages cozy-looking, nestled in the hillside.

Filbert Steps

Flowers of Filbert Steps
Filbert Steps
Flowers of Filbert Steps
Cottage on Filbert Steps
Flower of Filbert Steps

I usually turn on Montgomery, but having time, I walked up remaining steps to Coit Tower. The views of the bay, the old piers, the bridge combined with the architecture and the views the residents have, not to mention the achingly perfect warm weather made my heart flip. I had a rush of affection for San Francisco and a strong reminder of why I live here.

View from Top of Filbert Steps

This home was thin and long, long side toward the bay. The lower floor has a spiral staircase and the upper floor, through the windows, I can only see sky, but can tell there must be an amazing view.

Great House Near Coit Tower

2 comments:

  1. Truly the only thing I miss about working in that neighborhood, I think. Well, that and the chicken sandwich at Piperade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love working near North Beach! I walk around there a lot on my lunch hours. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete